My name is Akif Jamal and at the time of writing this, I am 28 years old. I am an Associate Chartered Certified Account (ACCA) and completed my graduation in 2012. I started my professional career as an Associate Relationship Manager-Corporate banking in Pakistan.
In October 2018, I decided to move to the UAE as it is known for as the hub for professional opportunities. The large numbers of multinational and local groups were appealing and the demand for professional qualification allowed me to explore these opportunities.
In Dec 2018 I was interviewed and successfully hired for the position of Accountant at Provident Real Estate Broker, later focusing only within the Property Management Department. Here I am actively managing and am responsible for Bookkeeping, Accounts Finalization and VAT return preparation as per FTA:
• Monthly Closing of Account and Preparation of Financial Statement.
• Ensure compliance of VAT data collection and quarterly VAT Return Filing to FTA.
• Handling and Reconciliation of account payables and receivables including Bank Statements.
• Process payroll (WPS) on a monthly basis, make the transfer to bank accounts.
• Monthly closing reporting of final accounts to CFO and director.
• Coordinate and provide daily support to the team on all accounting and financial matters.
• Perform Variance and financial analysis on monthly accounts for management decision making.
Now I have an overall Corporate Banking & Reporting, Financial Analysis, Bookkeeping, Accounts Finalization & VAT Filing, and ERP Experience of 5+ years. I am able to manage financial, budgeting, analyzing, and interpreting complex financial information to enable strategic decisions at the highest level.