The Ideal Time to Create a Snagging List
The best time to create a snag list is prior to the completion of the handover so the the developer is able to rectify any issue with the property before you take complete ownership.
Here’s the problem: leaving it until you have moved in becomes more challenging, as the house builder could claim that you have caused the defect when you moved in. However, the good news is that you have two years from the completion date to report any damages to the house builder. They are lawfully obliged to fix it as part of the warranty of the property, which usually lasts for a decade.
How Does a Snagging Service Work?
The personnel conducting the inspection can either walk around the property with or without the house builder. After that, you can check the notes and make suggestions if there’s anything that you would like to be added.
The personnel will send the inspection report to you and the house builder with your authorization. You can either ask the house builder or your trusted snagging service company to handle the job for you.
Reasons to Hire a Snagging Service Company
The truth of the matter is that a professional snag inspector is more likely to detect issues and defects than a homeowner. Hiring them saves you time and effort, as they can liaise with the house builder on your behalf to get the problems fixed.
You can also request them to recheck the work to ensure that no further damage has been caused. Plus, they can provide support until the warranty of your property has expired. However, of course, you need to pay additional fees.
What Can You Expect from Us?
As an expert in property management in Dubai offering topnotch snagging services, we provide specialist equipment, expertise, and trained personnel to raise both small and major defects quickly. Among the areas we check during the snagging survey include the following:
- Paintwork and plaster
- Groundwork and garage
- Electrical test on sockets
- Loft inspection
- Plumbing tests to check for leaks
- HVAC check using a thermal camera
- Carbon monoxide safety test
- Fenestration and brickwork
- Square walls, level flooring, and flat ceiling inspection
- Fire safety measures
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- Wall switches including plug sockets, buzzer/doorbell, intercom, air conditioning, and lights
- Full property inspection including civil & carpentry works, skirting, lighting, AC wall vents, ceiling access covers, ceiling & floor coverings, fittings, fixtures, finishing/painting, window frames, windows, doors, patio areas, terrace, utility & balcony, dining, living, corridors, kitchen, bedrooms, and hallways
How can we help you when it comes to your property? Whatever snagging concerns you have, we are the leading specialist that you can trust and rely on. Get in touch with our experts today!